Shireen Tavakoli focuses her legal practice on litigation and alternative dispute resolution. She has represented clients in a wide range of civil and commercial matters, both in court and arbitration. Shireen’s experience includes advising clients in copyright infringement matters, real estate disputes, and business transactions.
Shireen previously worked for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, where she engaged in strategic litigation in foreign jurisdictions and regional courts, and adjudicated refugee claims.
Prior to joining the United Nations, Shireen worked in internationally renowned law firms on matters related to securities and employment litigation.
Shireen has represented Fortune 100 companies and known names in the entertainment industry. Shireen’s clients describe her as “fierce,” “diligent,” and “efficient.”
Shireen earned her Juris Doctor (J.D.) from UCLA School of Law. At UCLA, she served as a staff editor for the UCLA Journal of International Law and Foreign Affairs (JILFA) and was a member of the UCLA Moot Court Honors Program, representing UCLA Law both nationally and internationally in competitions. She is currently finalizing her Master of Studies (MSt) in law at the University of Oxford.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- International Dispute Resolution
- Media & Entertainment
- Real Estate
- Farsi, Dari
- Spanish (proficient)
- California Bar
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- MSt (In progress) University of Oxford, Oxford, England
- J.D. UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. Southern Methodist University, Dallas Texas, summa cum laude
- UCLA Law’s 21st Annual Conference for People of Color, Practitioner’s Panel (April, 2021)
- SMU Human Rights Program, Human Rights and the Law (February, 2021)
- Regent University’s Center for Global Justice, International Law (January, 2021)
- SMU, Ethics and Human Rights Panel (February, 2020)
- UCLA LEAD, Orientation for Newly Admitted Women (April, 2020)
For speaking engagements email firstname.lastname@example.org